OF® BETTA FLORA TANK
Hydroponics in a Tank!
The perfect gift for nature lovers.
OF® Betta Flora is a smart hybrid tank system that combines the beauty of aquaria and natural plants to liven and freshen up any living space and offices.
Using a simple overflow system that not only simplifies the task of changing water, any waste nutrients from the fish is also flushed and carried away to the Hydroponics compartment where it is absorbed by the hanging plant roots. Any excess waste water here-on flows down to a catchment cup for easy disposal.
OF® BettaFlora, the ultimate joy of simplicity.
- Smart hybrid tank system incorporating hydroponics in an aquarium.
- Easy one-step water change using simple overflow concept.
- Utilizes your fish’s nutrient-rich waste for plant nourishment!
- Catchment cup allows easy disposal of excess waste water.
- Divider Plate allows you to hold two Bettas in one tank for mating purpose.
- Plastic Pebble Stones included.
- Built-in LED lamp in tank cover.
Tank Cover (with LED Light)
- Main Tank Body
- Overflow Tube
- Tank Divider Plate (for mating purpose)
- Tank Cover (with LED Light)
- Tank Bottom Plate 6.
- Hydroponics Sponge
- Hydroponics Pot
- Overflow Catchment Cup
- 300ML Measuring Cup (not in illustration)
- 88g Plastic Pebbles (not in illustration)
Performing a water change, it’s so easy!
As time goes by, fish waste will settle at the bottom of the tank below the pebbles. It is a good practice to perform a partial water change every 2-3 days to maintain good water quality for your Betta.
- Before performing any water change, ensure that the Overflow Catchment Cup is empty.
- Pour a cup of de-chlorinated water (about 350ml) into the main tank. Avoid stirring the pebbles by pouring slowly and gently.
- As you pour, the water level in the main tank will rise to a point where the center Overflow Tube will automatically start to siphon water and waste from the bottom of the tank, into the Hydroponics Pot.
- Continue to pour in the clean water completely. The siphoning will automatically stop when the water level reaches back to equilibrium.
- Excess waste water from the Hydroponics Pot will overflow into the Overflow Catchment Cup. Remove the catchment cup and dispose the waste water.
Setting up your BettaFlora
- Clean the tank with paper towels and clean water. Do not use cleaning chemicals as it is harmful for your fishes.
- Place tank on a firm and level surface at your preferred location.
- Insert the Overflow Tube.
- Lay the Tank Bottom Plates on each side at the bottom of the tank.
- Insert the Tank Divider Plate (for mating purpose, you may skip this if it is not needed).
- Lay the pebbles provided on the Tank Bottom Plate. Remember to rinse the pebbles and with clean water before use. NOTE. Do not add fine sands or smaller stones as it may reduce the effectiveness of water changing process or clog the overflow pipe.
- Add de-chlorinated water into the main tank.
- Place the Tank Cover (with LED light) over the tank and plug into power source.
- Your tank is now ready to house your Betta!
Getting ready to plant
- Slot the stems and into the pre-cut slits in the Hydroponics Sponge. Ensure that at least 1cm of the roots is is exposed from the sponge. (image 2)
- Place the Hydroponics Sponge (with the plants already slotted in place to avoid damaging the stems and roots) into the Hydroponics Cup.
- Gently rearrange the plants to your liking if necessary.
NOTE: If you need to remove the Hydroponics Cup, you have to firstly remove the Overflow Tube.
Suggested Decorative Plants
Some Suggested Decorative Plants:
|Code No||Dimension (LxWxH)||LED Light||Volume|
|AT620A||15 x 15 x 25cm – White||6 x 0.24W||2 Litre|
|AT620B||15 x 15 x 25cm – Black||6 x 0.24W||2 Litre|
|AT620C||15 x 15 x 25cm – Blue||6 x 0.24W||2 Litre|